Select Page

online payment

The Government has provided guidance on how to pay all or some of your grant back if you’ve overclaimed through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme.

If you have overclaimed through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, you can either: 

  • correct it in your next claim
  • make a payment to HMRC (only if you are not making another claim)

What you will need: 

  • You will need your 14- or 15-digit payment reference number that begins with X.
  • You must contact HMRC to get your payment reference number.…

How to pay: 

  • Bank details for online or telephone banking, CHAPS and Bacs
  • You can pay by Faster Payments, CHAPS or Bacs to HMRC’s account.
  • Sort code 08-32-10
  • Account number 12001039
  • Account name HMRC Cumbernauld

Payments by:

  • Faster Payments (online or telephone banking) usually reach HMRC on the same or next day, including weekends and bank holidays
  • CHAPS usually reach HMRC the same working day if you pay within your bank’s processing times
  • Bacs usually take 3 working days

Your payment may be delayed if you use the wrong reference number.