The grants to self-employed individuals whose businesses have been impacted by coronavirus has been extended to cover periods February 2021 to April 2021 (fourth grant – now closed) and May 2021 to September 2021 (fifth grant).
Check if you need to change your Self-Assessment return for SEISS
You need to check your Self-Assessment return if you have:
- already submitted your 2020 to 2021 Self-Assessment tax return online
- claimed a Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) grant during 2020 or 2021
HMRC may have made an adjustment to your return if:
- the amount of the SEISS payments put in the SEISS box does not match their records
- there was no SEISS amount entered
- you did not submit a Self-Employment or partnership page (SA103 or SA104) and received SEISS payments
The adjustment (and how to check it) depends on your circumstances and how you submitted your return. If we submit your return we will ensure the SEISS grants have been declared in the correct boxes. If you need help in submitting your return please contact us.
The online claims service for the fifth grant will be available from late July 2021. Find out more about the fifth grant.